Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tomato on White Counter


I cannot believe I have not posted since last September! Well, life got in the way a wee bit. I spent time in Oregon and Maine in autumn and then became uber busy with work and my art group. I know, I'm making excuses but Carol Marine was very correct in stating it is very difficult to keep focused and committed to painting every day. She however, is amazing in that she does! 
The wind has changed yet again and life seems a bit simpler, my son is graduating from college in two weeks (no more nursing!!) and my tenure as president of my art group, PaperWorks, is finished as well. And the blistering Arizona heat arrives, so I cannot think of a more apt time to refocus my priorities and commitments and stay inside the cool house and paint! 
I'd like to continue with small still life studies but my real love is the landscape. That just may have to wait until Fall. I wanted to only use two powerful neutrals and I have never used a black background for painting, only photography. It was really good to mix up the oils again.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your post! We head back to Maine June 5th. I am getting a new hip in July!

    Your artwork is exquisite.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete